#11 Sunday, April 24, 2016
Are you new to the Ketogenic diet, or maybe just kicking the tires? Carl and Richard interview Carl's daughter, Emmy, who has been only doing keto for 21 days. This is a good show to listen to if you're completely new to this way of eating and would like a thorough review of what to expect, as well as some first-hand testimony.
Listen Now (53 minutes)
Emmeline FranklinEmmeline Franklin (pronounced EM-uh-LINE) is daughter to co-host Carl Franklin, and a college student at Rhode Island School of Design. She had been in ballet and other dance classes 6 days a week since she was 3 years old. When she got to college she gained a few pounds (who wouldn't?) and turned to the ketogenic diet for help. As of July 2016, she had lost 30 pounds.
- The real meal revolution (AKA the Tim Noakes diet)
- Richard's Recipe: Flax Seed Crackers in the Microwave
- Sweden Becomes First Western Nation to Reject Low-fat Diet Dogma in Favor of Low-carb High-fat Nutrition
- South Park - Cartman flips the food pyramid
- Carl's Recipe: Pressure Cooked Beef Short Ribs