#12 Sunday, May 1, 2016
Carl and Richard talk to prostate cancer-survivor and friend, Mark Miller. In no way do we intend to claim that the ketogenic diet can cure cancer, but there has been interesting research that shows a correlation between eating a ketogenic diet and reduced tumor size. There's more to the story, and more interventions cited as well. We let Mark tell his story. A note to parents, we do talk about sexual function in this show.
Listen Now (56 minutes)
Mark MillerMark Miller is a well-known software developer, who discovered in 2015 he had prostate cancer. Rather than opt for chemo, hormones, or radiation, he went on a strict ketogenic diet and spent time in a hyperbaric chamber. After Mark's surgery doctors found no signs of any cancer remaining in his body.
- Carl's Recipe: Caveman Keto's Almond Buns
- Chanko-Nabe - the 10000 kCal/day Sumo diet
- D’Agostino et al 2013: The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Prolong Survival in Mice with Systemic Metastatic Cancer
- Frye et al 2012: Hyperbaric oxygen treatment in autism spectrum disorders
- D’Agostino et al 2015: Non-Toxic Metabolic Management of Metastatic Cancer in VM Mice: Novel Combination of Ketogenic Diet, Ketone Supplementation, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Urinary and Sexual Function After Radical Prostatectomy for Clinically Localized Prostate Cancer
- Sexual function following radical prostatectomy: influence of preservation of neurovascular bundles.
- VIDEO: Thomas Seyfried: Cancer: A Metabolic Disease With Metabolic Solutions
- The Low Carb SuperBun burger from Grill’d
- Richard's Recipe: Swedish Coffee Cheese
- Muffin Top Pan (Amazon)
- Study: Booty fat might actually be healthy.
- Andrew Scarborough fights brain tumor with ketosis
- Two Testimonials of Healing Cancer with a Ketogenic Diet