Keto for Mental Health with Dr. Georgia Ede
#156 Monday, February 18, 2019
Carl and Carrie talk to Dr. Georgia Ede about improving mental health by cutting carbs.
Listen Now (78 minutes)
Dr. Georgia EdeI first became interested in nutrition after discovering a new way of eating that completely reversed a number of perplexing health problems I had developed in my early 40’s, including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Migraines, and IBS. This experience led me on a quest to understand why the unorthodox diet that restored my own health is so different from the diet we are taught is healthy. I became passionate about the connection between food and every aspect of physical and mental health, and began to read and study nutrition intensively in 2007. Before long it became obvious to me that our cells all require the same basic nutritional care, and that the vast majority of medical literature misses this fundamental point. Even more interesting to me is how little most of us know about the foods we eat and how they affect our bodies. Nutrition literature steers us wrong by focusing on the epidemiology of diseases rather than the biochemistry of food and of the human body. Nutrition is not rocket science, and the basic principles should not and do not change from day to day. I now apply what I’ve learned (and continue to learn) in my medical practice, and enjoy having a variety of therapeutic options to present to my patients.
- BOOK: Jung to Live By
- VIDEO: Our Descent Into Madness: Modern Diets and the Global Mental Health Crisis
- Food and Inflammation
- Food as a mood stabilizer
- Ketogenic Diets for Psychiatric Disorders
- Insulin resistance and Alzheimer’s
- How plant and animal foods affect nutrients for the brain
- Consult service
- Keto Pasta! OMG!
- Carrie's Recipe: Creamy Cajun Sausage Skillet
- Keto Cookbooks! Physical or digital - get yours here!
- 2 Keto Dudes Patreon: support your favorite keto podcast! THANK YOU!
- Carrie's Patreon: support development of delicious keto recipes and resources to help you succeed! THANK YOU!
- Carrie's Recipe: Apricot Cardamom Mini Cupcakes