Amy Berger on Alzheimer's and Dementia
#189 Monday, October 7, 2019
Carl and Carrie talk to Amy Berger about how Alzheimer's and Dementia develop in the brain, and what one can do about it.
Listen Now (61 minutes)
Amy BergerAmy Berger is a Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) and certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner with a master’s degree in human nutrition from the University of Bridgeport. She is committed to education in nutrition, and in particular, the ketogenic lifestyle.
- Amy's Website
- BOOK: Alzheimer's Antidote
- Amy's YouTube Channel
- Amy's Twitter
- SCIENCE: Nutrition and Alzheimer's disease: The detrimental role of a high carbohydrate diet
- SCIENCE: Ketogenic Medium Chain Triglycerides Increase Brain Energy Metabolism in Alzheimer's Disease.
- SCIENCE: Can Ketones Help Rescue Brain Fuel Supply in Later Life? Implications for Cognitive Health during Aging and the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- SCIENCE: Insulin signaling, glucose metabolism and mitochondria: major players in Alzheimer's disease and diabetes interrelation.
- SCIENCE: Moving beyond anti-amyloid therapy for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- VIDEO: Amy's talk at Ketofest 2018: Alzheimer's Disease as Type 3 Diabetes and a Nutritional Strategy to Fight It
- Carl's Recipe: Chef Robert's Smoked Brisket