Catching up with Richard Morris
#198 Monday, December 9, 2019
Carl and Carrie bring back Richard Morris who does a review of science in support of the ketogenic diet as a means to control, and even reverse, type 2 diabetes.
Listen Now (101 minutes)
- Carrie's Recipe: Tarragon Turkey with Leeks
- Holiday Cooking Masterclass!
- Carrie's YouTube Channel - Keto Cranberry Sauce!
- Richard's Recipe: Salt crusted pork belly
- Dr Liz Fraser's report of the publication of her case study
- Virta 10 week trial shows rapid change in T2DM markers
- Virta 1 year study showed remarkable compliance
- Virta Cardiovascular study
- Virta 2 year study showed long term results
- Economic costs of Diabetes in the US in 2017
- The impact of diabetes on productivity in China
- The cost of diabetes in adults in Australia
- Life expectancy at Birth chart
- An Australian man on average live 80 years and a woman 84 years. An American man on average lives 76 years, and a woman 81 years.
- Australia in 2016 paid 4,708 per cap in healthcare dollars, USA in 2016 paid 9,892 per cap in healthcare dollars
- Comparison of the quality of healthcare between Australian and the USA
- Many nations in the pacific currently have a Measles epidemic, and in Samoa 65 people have been killed by the disease
- Herd immunity simulator
- Anatomy of an epidemic: How measles took hold of Samoa
- Richard's book