The Big Fat Show
#4 Monday, March 7, 2016
This week Carl and Richard talk about fat. Good fats. Bad fats. Fat myths and fat facts. They also talk about Post Induction Stall Syndrome, an expected pause in weight loss that happens around week 2 or 3, and can last for up to 6 weeks. Recipes this week include Carl's Fathead pizza and Richard's pulled lamb shoulder.
ErrataRichard stated that Almond is high in Omega 6 PUFAs but it is only 12% PUFA and 30% MUFA. If you eat a lot it will contribute a fair amount of OMega 6 PUFAs to your diet, but in small amount it won't likely be a problem. Macadamia Oil however has less than 1% PUFA and 61% MUFA so there really is no reason to not use Macadamia oil.
Listen Now (45 minutes)
- PISS. Strategies for getting off a plateau
- Carl's first podcast ever: .NET Rocks!
- Carl's podcatcher on iPhone is RSSRadio
- Richard's podcatcher on Android is PocketCasts
- Ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 Polyunsaturated fats
- The case for not restricting saturated fat on a low carbohydrate diet
- Limited Effect of Dietary Saturated Fat on Plasma Saturated Fat
- Effects of increasing Dietary Carbohydrate on Circulating Saturated Fatty Acids
- The Big Fat Surprise - Nina Teicholz
- VIDEO: Nina Teicholz at the Commonwealth Club
- Diabetes expert warns paleo diet is dangerous and increases weight gain
- A low-carbohydrate high-fat diet increases weight gain and does not improve glucose tolerance, insulin secretion or ß-cell mass in NZO mice
- Response of C57Bl/6 mice to a carbohydrate-free diet
- The Kraft patterns of insulin resistance
- Carl's Recipe: Fathead pizza
- Richard's Recipe: Pulled Lamb Shoulder
- Benefits of switch from saturated fat to corn oil for longer life challenged
- VIDEO: A/Prof. Ken Sikaris - Changing Views of Fat Metabolism