#45 Monday, December 19, 2016
Carl Franklin and Richard Morris discuss the conventional wisdom that we all believe, even when we know it's unsupported by actual evidence - like saturated fat clogging your arteries, or the health benefit of plants, or the idea that eating fat "a priori" makes you fat. This show runs a little longer than usual (an hour and 20 minutes) because we made a major announcement that affects the future of our online group.
Errata:Richard mentioned the last un-contacted paleolithic tribe in Australia walked out of the desert in 1989, but it was in fact 1984 - and they are known as the Pintupi 9.
Listen Now (80 minutes)
- VIDEO: Stephen Phinney Lecture Sydney 2016
- BLOG: Protein Therefore Glucose
- Car Talk Episode #1649: If You Suck a Sock
- MOVIE: Supersize Me
- STUDY: Effects of Low-Carbohydrate and Low-Fat Diets: A Randomized Trial
- STUDY: Randomised Controlled Trials Comparing Low-Carb Diets Of Less Than 130g Carbohydrate Per Day To Low-Fat Diets Of Less Than 35% Fat Of Total Calories
- Boring Keto
- "Ketoacids? Good medicine?" George Cahill
- STUDY: Use of dietary linoleic acid for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease and death: evaluation of recovered data from the Sydney Diet Heart Study and updated meta-analysis.
- The last uncontacted tribe in Australia
- Ketogenic Forums
- Cuisinart food processors recalled due to laceration hazard
- Carl's Recipe: Keto Bread from Keto Connect
- Richard's Recipe: Pulled slow-cooked Beef in beer
- MOVIE: That Sugar Film
- Glycemic Index and Load of potatoes (and other foods)
- STUDY: Meta-study of 76 observational and randomized controlled studies with more than 650,000 participants that found those with a high saturated fat intake did NOT have an increased risk of heart disease.
- Richard's source for essence flavors (Aus)