Cholesterol Code Update with Dave Feldman
#63 Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Dave Feldman (@DaveKeto) is back to share more of his research and theories about Cholesterol and the lipid system. He's been doing more N=1 experimentation to determine what effects exercise has on lipid numbers. The results may surprise you. Dave is famous for the Feldman Protocol, a method by which you can make your blood lipid panel move in a dramatic positive or negative way depending on what you eat for the 3 days before a fasting blood test. This show is chock-full of nutritional value. Pun intended.
Listen Now (72 minutes)
Dave FeldmanDave Feldman is a senior software engineer and business developer. He began a Low Carb, High Fat diet in April 2015 and has since learned everything he could about it with special emphasis on cholesterol, given his lipid numbers spiked substantially after going on the diet. Tweet dave @DaveKeto.
- Cholesterol Code (Dave's Blog)
- Dr. Ben Bikman on Ketovangelist Podcast
- VIDEO: Ben Bikman: Insulin vs Ketones from Low Carb Breckenridge
- Carl's Recipe: Brenda's Pork Rind Waffles
- Fasting respiratory exchange ratio and resting metabolic rate as predictors of weight gain
- The respiratory quotient (Peter Attia)
- Persistent metabolic adaptation 6 years after "The Biggest Loser" competition.
- Effects of aerobic exercise on energy expenditure and nitrogen balance during very low calorie dieting (Stephen Phinney)
- Lower insulin means greater fat loss
- Hyperinsulinemia – What Insulin Does in Your Body : Ted Naiman
- Enhanced expression of three monocarboxylate transporter isoforms in the brain of obese mice
- A limit on the energy transfer rate from the human fat store in hypophagia.
- Richard's Recipe: Clotted creme