Beyond Atkins with Dr. Eric Westman
#65 Monday, May 1, 2017
Carl Franklin and Richard Morris interview Dr. Eric Westman about his work with Dr. Robert Atkins, his medical practice, his experience treating Type-2 Diabetes with a ketogenic diet, and his newly-launched HEAL program (Healthy Eating and Living), which he hopes will scale up efforts to provide much-needed information to millions of people with Diabesity.
Listen Now (53 minutes)
Dr. Eric WestmanEric Westman is Chief Medical Officer of HEAL Clinics, and Director of the Lifestyle Medicine Clinic at Duke University. Eric is a well-known doctor and author who in the last ten years has successfully treated over 4,000 patients with obesity and Type-2 Diabetes using a low-carb high-fat diet as the first line of therapy.
- USDA GREAT NUTRITION DEBATE (Dr Westman presenting the first paper to support Dr Atkins)
- Comparison of low- and high-carbohydrate diets for type 2 diabetes management: a randomized trial.
- The "CSIRO Low-Carb Diet" book
- The New Atkins for a New You
- H.E.A.L. clinics
- Richard's Recipe: Chicken skin as a wrap!
- My Big Fat Diet
- Carl's Recipe: Chorizo Queso and Chips