Show me the Science!
#69 Monday, June 5, 2017
Hosts Carl Franklin and Richard Morris cite and discuss a handful of the science they've found that supports the ketogenic diet as a safe and effective therapy for reversing Type 2 Diabetes and obesity.
Listen Now (64 minutes)
- BLOG: Show Me The Science (please share)
- VIDEO: Dr. Richard Bernstein does the glucose test
- 4.2 g of carbs in 1 tsp sugar
- RCTs comparing low-fat and low-carb diets
- Ketogenic Diets Long Term Efficacy
- Trigs and HDL are markers of heart disease
- Review of 76 studies (650,000 + participants) show saturated fat does not contribute to heart disease
- Therapeutic uses of a ketogenic diet beyond treating obesity
- Of 135,000 people hospitalized with heart attack, average LDL was 105!
- Minnesota Coronary Survey
- How much body fat can humans possibly burn per day?
- Insulin causes atherosclerosis in dogs
- The Mechanism of alloxan protection in experimental Atherosclerosis