#7 Sunday, March 27, 2016
This week Richard Morris and Carl Franklin talk about sweeteners other than table sugar, the good and the bad.
Errata:Carl mistakenly said that he had an insulin response to the Truvia brand sweetener (Erythritol + Stevia), but in fact it was the Fructevia brand, which combines fructose with Stevia.
Listen Now (44 minutes)
- The creation of ketone bodies
- "Cholesterol - when to worry" - Ken Sikaris
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Artificial Sweeteners
- Fructose 2.0 - Robert Lustig
- A genetic variant near olfactory receptor genes influences cilantro preference
- Sweetener in Gum Is Causing Surge in Accidental Dog Poisonings
- Richard's Recipe: Low-Carb Chocolate
- Carl's Recipe: Broiled Brussels Sprouts