Dr. Jeffry Gerber Speaks
#74 Monday, July 10, 2017
Hosts Richard Morris and Carl Franklin talk to Dr. Jeffry Gerber, MD. about his experiences treating patients with low-carb and ketogenic diets. He is very critical of the AHA (American Heart Association) and the conventional ideas that keep being re-hashed.
Listen Now (64 minutes)
Dr. Jeffry GerberDr. Jeffry N. Gerber, M.D. FAAFP is a board certified family physician and owner of South Suburban Family Medicine in Littleton, Colorado, where he is known as “Denver’s Diet Doctor”. He has been providing personalized healthcare to the local community since 1993 and continues that tradition with an emphasis on longevity, wellness and prevention. <br/><br/> Nutrition and its effects on health are areas of interest for Dr. Gerber. Frustrated with spiraling healthcare costs related to the treatment of diseases like diabetes, atherosclerosis and heart disease just to name a few, Dr. Gerber has been focusing on prevention and treatment programs using low-carb high fat (LCHF), Ancestral, Paleo and Primal diets in the overweight and obese. He maintains a database of patients, looking at weight loss and improved cardio-metabolic markers, demonstrating the benefits of these types of diets. Redefining healthy nutrition is a goal. Dr. Gerber speaks frequently about these important issues to patients, the community and other health care professionals.
- Little girl tries Coke for the first time
- Keto educated physicians list
- Protein sparing modified fast
- The Salt fix by Dr James DiNicolantonio
- Cardiovascular Disease: A Costly Burden for America Projections Through 2035
- Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association
- The Mechanism of alloxan protection in experimental Atherosclerosis
- Effect of intra-arterial insulin on tissue cholesterol and fatty acids in alloxan-diabetic dogs.
- The effect of insulin therapy on the inhibition of atherosclerosis in the alloxan-diabetic rabbit
- Reversal of Diabetic Nephropathy by a Ketogenic Diet
- Most heart attack patients' cholesterol levels did not indicate cardiac risk
- The Widowmaker movie
- Richard's recipe Pulled beef
- Carl's recipe: Muffaletta Salad