Join the Ruminati with Dr. Peter Ballerstedt
#81 Monday, September 4, 2017
Richard and Carl are initiated into the Ruminiati by Dr. Peter Ballerstedt. Peter is an expert in the nutrition of ruminants (cattle, deer, bison, etc.) and how we as humans are uniquely dependent on them in our food supply.
Listen Now (81 minutes)
Peter BallerstedtI have an extensive background in forage production, utilization, and forage-based livestock production systems. I was the forage extension specialist at Oregon State University from 1986 until 1992. My personal experience has led me to re-examine human diet and health. What I've learned doesn’t agree with the advice we’ve been given for the past several decades. This new understanding, combined with my forage background, has given me an interest in local, sustainable animal production systems.
- 23 and Me - Genetic testing
- Promethease - personal DNA report
- Eating Lots Of Cheese And Meat Could Be Secret To Long Life
- Associations of fats and carbohydrate intake with cardiovascular disease and mortality in 18 countries from five continents (PURE): a prospective cohort study
- Richard's response [Ketogenic forums]
- Australian Dietary Guidelines: Evidence Base
- Whole grains protect against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
- Carl's Recipe: Swedish Meatballs
- Richard's Recipe: Pulled beef curry
- Peter Ballerstedt's blog
- Ruminant Reality: Diet, Human Health and the Environment - Low Carb Breckenridge